The analogy has been many times before me, that having pets is often eerily similar to having children. Particularly if those pets are puppies. I may not have a puppy, but even our 8 year old dog is similar to our 7 month old son in many ways.
- Dogs may not mess on themselves, but they still need cleaned up after. Dog doo-doo is gathered, bagged, and sent to the trash, just like Mr. Jameson’s.
- Dogs need someone to care for them when you’re away. You can’t just up and leave your dog. Unfortunately, you can’t just up and leave a baby either.
- Have you noticed how similar the best baby toys are to dog toys? They’re rubber, they squeak, they’re fun to chew on!
- Believe it or not, I pick up after my dog’s toys more than I do my baby.
- Both Jameson and Sasha would eat grass if we let them.
- Jameson and Sasha will both stay put when told to, until there is something super fun to reach for, bark at, or eat.
- Dogs and babies both have razor-style claws.
Luckily, there are a few things that help us tell Jameson and Sasha apart.
- Sasha poops outside. Jameson poops in a diaper.
- Sasha poops are about 10 times the size of Jameson poops.
- Sasha pee kills the grass.
Is anyone else concerned that the first 3 items on this list are related to bowel movements?
- Sasha knows what the word “No” is, and will go to sit in a corner until you tell her to get up.
- I can’t pick up Sasha and carry her on my hips. She is 140 pounds, Jameson is about 15.
- Sasha’s mouth is distinctly different that Jameson’s: It has fangs, it likes to lick things, and it smells gross.
- Jameson loves water! Sasha hates it. We have to sneak Sasha’s bath time items outside so she doesn’t know what she’s in for.