Last week, Jameson got his very first bloody nose.
I don’t have any photos of it, because it was a bloody nose. No, I did NOT go running for the camera. Yes, I DID think about it (and thought about artistic ways to take pictures of bloody kleenix. Officially insane). Instead, Brian and I argued about which way was better, head forward or back, and having seen some pretty awful bloody noses (and knowing that we can’t trust Brian’s childhood memory), I won.
Head forward. Nose pinched, but we didn’t do that since Jameson was bawling. Not quit sure what Jameson did, since I was doing dishes and Brian was in the living room, but he tripped and fell flat on his face in the kitchen.
Oh, I did have Brian tweak his nose to make sure it wasn’t broken. Also, I was thankful that we didn’t lose any more teeth. And it was over in about 5 minutes, with Elmo watching and some juice.
I’m in a bit of a rut here, blogging-wise and photography-wise. I went to edit my photos from the zoo and our visit to great-grandma, and then I stopped. The photos I took seemed uninspired and obligatory, much the way I’ve been feeling lately. The real camera has spent most of the week put away, in lieu of my iphone which is so easy and quick. I’ll get to them, soon.
It’s kind of a burned out feeling, like what I’ve been doing has started to feel like work and less like play. And this is important to want to enjoy recording life events and Jameson’s milestones and achievements, so I’m trying to put a no-pressure attitude on it to return to my old self.
So, if you’ve been missing my posts, I’m sorry, I know, I think I’ll look back on July and be like, did we do anything in July!?
- We got new office furniture. I’m going to take a photo, but we’re not really done setting it up yet and some of the old stuff is in other rooms, but maybe I’ll just take an in progress picture and show you the awesome-ness that is now our office. Soon, I promise.
- Brian went to Vegas, I went to my parents.
- Sasha went to the vet, all checked out fine. She has a cyst on her eyelid we are watching. She is turning 10 this year, which I think means we need to have a dog birthday party!
- We got UVerse installed, so there was a lot of Olympic and recorded TV watching to catch up
- We finally saw friends Matt & Carrie’s new house, while Jameson and Nicholas played (together even! It was cute)
- Went to the farmers market a few times
- Watched fireworks from our porch
- Went to the zoo with the neighbors
- Watched my gladiolas bloom (clippings inside are so nice) and my hibiscus plant explode.
- Dinner at grandma and grandpas
- Visit to great-grandma’s and seeing Brian’s side of the family
- Also, on the work side of things, our interns last day was last week, and one of my teammates has returned from maternity leave. Things are looking up on that front, so I am thankful for that.
P.S. Excuse my bra strap. Classy.