- 3T pants and shirts
- Doggie shirt, princess shirts, and dresses or skirts when I can convince her how AWESOME AND CUTE she’ll look 🙂
- Headband, because lately she’s wanted to wear her hair down (and then thinks I don’t have to brush it… that’s not how that works)
- Big girl underwear, all the time
- Size 8 shoes
Coraline was upset this morning when I made her wait to get her blankie until after she got dressed. I’ve been asking her if she wants piggie tails, marshmallow tails, double pony tales, or something else for her hair.
Today she told me she wanted a sad tail.
– Wednesday, December 9, 2015
What Coraline is Eating:
- Meatballs, chicken nugget, hot dog, and most any meat she can eat with ketchup or ranch (same as her brother!)
- Eggs, waffles, and most breakfast foods that Jameson never liked. Except she’s not a big fan of mommy’s homemade muffins.
- Regular and “special” tube yogurts
- Anything with a character on it
- Candy “treats”, cookies and cupcakes, ice cream… any dessert.
- Pasta all the time, even the edamame pasta we buy. Not a huge potato fan like Jameson though.
- Strawberries, and applesauce pouches
- Coraline tries most of her food with every little effort from us, though rarely finishes her plate.
Asked Coraline what she wants for Christmas:
Mommy: What kind?
Mommy: Well, I don’t know if Santa can bring a kitty, what else would you like for Christmas?
C: Birthday cake
Mommy: We get birthday cake on our birthdays. Santa brings gifts and presents. What else would you like for Christmas?
Mommy: What would you like Santa to bring you? (Was she serious about the kitty)
Mommy: What kind of present?
– Wednesday, November 18, 2015
What Coraline is Saying:
- Coraline really loves to chatter, so we always get a nice overview of her day and what she did.
- Whatever Jameson is saying: Lots of potty language
- She’s very articulate, likes to play pretend and tell us that we’re eating pretend food or that her “baby is sleeping” so we need to be quiet, shhh!
Are you hungry in your belly, Coraline?
“I hungry in my mouth.”
– Friday, April 18, 2015
What Coraline Likes These Days:
- Coraline loves to make a “surprise” face. June of last year she started opening her mouth real big when she got excited. She’s very expressive with all her feelings, but surprise face is my favorite.
- Pretending to be a baby. She’ll do a little fake cry and curl up, waiting for me to scoop her up.
- Coloring, stickers and stamps. She loves doing crafts too with our neighbor, Lily.
- Eating! Coraline loves to eat and snack. She’s not in a rush through dinner either, she loves sitting at the dinner table and will eat long past everyone else. Not because she’s eating more, but she’s eating slower.
- She loves Frozen, all day long, all the time.
- Reading stories with me. And really, she’s pretty much a mommy’s girl all the time. I kind of like it.
Too busy to wash hands for dinner that she was demanding just 15 minutes before:
“I coloring mommy, I busy. I busy.”
– Wednesday, June 17, 2015
– Wednesday, June 17, 2015
What Coraline Doesn’t Like These Days:
- When she can’t see mommy’s eyes (or the eyes of a doll or eyes on her Elsa and Anna socks, we can’t roll them!)
- Getting out of bed in the mornings
- Being told to go potty when we request. She’s been potty trained for a long time, but has recently had a few accidents related to delaying her potty time
- She’s not super fond of our newest addition, Luna, our labradoodle
- Lately, it’s been harder to get her to stay in bed after her songs and stories, or even get ready for bed. I’m sure it’s just a phase, because usually she LOVES sleeping
- When she gets disciplined, she gets very upset. She wants to be a good listener, she says!
- Going down the stairs by herself, she always wants “uppy” especially in the mornings.
Pretending to be a puppy:
“Don’t pat my butt it’s stinky I poop everyday”
– Thursday, February 4, 2015
What Coraline is Doing:
- Playing pretend, playing with her dolls house and tea set.
- Watching tv
- When coloring sometimes she’ll tell us that she’s writing her name or someone’s name, like on a card.
- Singing and talking, all the time.
- Trying on and playing with jewelry, hanging out in her room by herself. She doesn’t seem to fear being alone the way Jameson does as often, though she has her moments!
- We starting doing gymnastics to help her find her balance better, which has worked out wonderfully. She really enjoyed it, though we’re on a break right now.
- We also signed her up for ballet at school which she’s enjoyed.
Coraline found pumpkin stickers tonight and called them punkpunks.
– Thursday, April 9, 2015
A little rough drop off to daycare. Coraline discovered her blankie was “broken” when we arrived. She then threw a fit when the teacher said she was pretty, and she fell out of her chair.
– Friday, April 10, 2015
What We Are Working On:
- Mommy and daddy are figuring out good ways to reward good behavior so more of it comes without being told (as always).
- Getting dressed herself is sometimes good and sometimes rough. We try to reward it with a puff ball, a new rewarding tool that has worked for us somewhat. Other days though she’ll go upstairs and get her pajamas on after school all by herself and does it just fine! It seems to depend on mood.
- Wiping after potty time, and washing hands after that.
- No matter the mood, she still struggles with putting on her socks. Trying to do it usually results in a big upset cry
And without further ado, Coraline’s very first interview:
What is your name? Coraline Genevieve… I wanna do poop. I wanna do poop picture! (The “potty language” continues throughout the interview)
How old are you? 3 Holds up fingers
What is your favorite color? Pink
What’s your favorite color?
– Saturday February 27, 2016
What is your favorite animal? Um… Bugs!
What is your favorite book? Poopy book… picture of animals
What is your favorite TV show? Frozen (Daniel Tiger, Doc McStuffins or most anything on Disney Junior, and usually whatever Jameson wants to watch when they’re home together)
What is your favorite movie? Cinderella (I think Frozen is her favorite and maybe Minions, but we have been introducing her to all the other princesses for Disney!)
What is your favorite song? Frozen (Let it Go, which I sing one verse of at bedtime, and the “snowman one” which I also sing a verse of)
What is your favorite food? Orange
What food do you not like? Not blood orange. I like regular oranges!
What is your favorite drink? Sour stuff
What is your favorite snack? Fruit snacks. And apples, bananas
What makes you laugh? Apples and bananas
What is your favorite thing to wear? Naked butt shirts (Such a joker)
What is your favorite game? Something I wanna poopy butt… lets see.. there’s something in here… (We can really tell that she has a big brother)
What is your favorite toy? A Frozen toy
Who is your best friend? Porter and Hailey (Friends from school)
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Well I’m pushing this. Well.. I’m getting out of this… Well this is very fun in here to push. (Talking about what she’s doing instead of answering. I suggested that she goes to bed with her little blankies.)
Where is your favorite place to go? To Disney World! To Disney (We hadn’t yet gone to Disney when we took the video, but we sure were talking about it a lot!)
Where do you want to go on vacation? Disney
What do you like to do with your family? I like to go with them and push the tent (Again talking about what she’s doing instead of answering the question)
What do you want to be when you grow up? Umm be… Bad Coraline! (I can hope here that she’s referencing the movie Coraline since she was looking at the DVD shelf, haha!)
What did you do when you were little? I used to play with Mommy’s toys
What do you like to do now that you are big? Do big girl stuff… go with the schoolagers (Coraline is really enamored with the idea of going to kindergarten with Jameson)
What is your favorite thing to learn in school? Something I wanna get toys and sit and lay on the floor (Coraline was really distracted at this point talking about what she was playing with at the time, so we cut it short!)
What is your favorite thing to remember? Didn’t get to ask this
What do you want to buy with your money? Didn’t get to ask this
What is the thing you do the most awesomely? Didn’t get to ask this